Note: Do not apply the Nanric Ultimate if the palmar angle is greater than 5 degrees. Call us to discuss alternatives.
Nanric Ultimates are sold in PAIRS. If you want to order only one shoe or mix sizes, please call 877.462.6742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will customize your order.
If you need a size larger than 10, view the Nanric Draft Ultimate Instructions from Dr. Redden.
Providing this device as an emergency aid can greatly reduce or prevent displacement (rotation and/or sinking) of the coffin bone. Extensive venogram studies have shown a direct relationship between DDF laxity and improved circulation to the laminae and sole corium. Enhancing blood flow to compromised feet is the first step to enhancing the healing environment. Time is always of the essence. For best results, always consider acute laminitis an emergency, regardless of how quickly the horse responds to medication.
Evaluation at time of onset should include initial x-rays and venograms. Further x-rays and venograms should be used to monitor initial progress or digression of disease for the first 30-45 days. Increase mechanics when damage and/or chronicity of the disease exceeds the limitations of the emergency device. A DDF tenotomy with derotation shoeing is indicated when the vascular pattern continues in a downward spiral. Comparable venograms can provide invaluable information. Note: The venogram procedure is technique sensitive and accurate interpretation requires a good working knowledge of the healthy as well as pathological ranges.
Reducing the DDF tension should be considered once the sole growth is steadily increasing, the horse is sound, no anti-inflammatory medication has been needed for several days to weeks and there is no noticeable increase in digital pulse. Do not be in a hurry to reduce the mechanics.
New and Improved Features:
- One piece cuff and base wedge designed to offer problem-free wean down process.
- Efficient mechanical breakover that can be further enhanced if necessary with rasp or grinder. Simply rasp the breakover farther back if needed to soften the DDF.
- Strong, thick base once bottom pad is removed.
- Second pad offers approximately 18 degree palmar angle (PA), very similar to the original Modified Ultimate. To remove one pad, simply remove the four screws securing it.
1. Bandage on when it is necessary to monitor the case closely with x-rays and venograms for the first 30-45 days following onset.
2. Glue on for low scale damage cases. If the x-rays taken every two weeks show sole growth, the Ultimate is offering sufficient mechanics.
Remember that for best results, strict stall rest is indicated when using Modified Ultimates. The goal is to quickly enhance circulation. Exercise can be helpful, but the downside far outweighs the positive effects.
- Do not remove the first wedge while on anti-inflammatories, which can distort your view of what is really happening inside the foot.
- Do not turn out while on anti-inflammatories.
- Monitor horn growth response closely.
- Monitor sole growth with x-rays.
- Monitor the blood flow with venograms.
Click below to learn how to apply Nanric Ultimates.
Nanric Ultimate Instructions
Nanric Ultimates are sold in PAIRS. If you want to order only one shoe, please call 877.462.6742 or email email@example.com and we will customize your order.